If you got to this page using any other means than the main apply page (the
one with all the categories listed), you risk your application not making it to
the appropriate staffer. Don't rely on your memory or a bookmarked page —
we sometimes change the email accounts or the names of the categories. You might
see the form but it will send to the catch-all account and we can't tell which
categories they are supposed to go to.
Sometimes you will not see the category in the apply form, if this happens,
go back to the Categories Apply Page and click on the
link again. If you don't see the category your application WILL NOT get to the
Applying for combinations of genres is not allowed, for example Inu Yasha Doujinshi (Yaoi & Gen). You must apply for each genre separately. In this example, if you are approved for both, then the fanlistings would be listed separately in the database as "Inu Yasha Doujinshi (Yaoi)" and "Inu Yasha Doujinshi (Gen)."
If a fanlisting for "FL Subject Series (All)" is approved then the fanlistings for that subject in the remaining genres are no longer available because it would overlap. This makes sense since that particular fanlisting intends to cover all genres. This is also true for the opposite case.
- Please make sure you've read the
rules carefully and checked the approved
section before applying.
- If you're applying for more than one fanlisting, please use a
separate form for each fanlisting you want.
- If the fanlisting you want fits into more than one category,
please apply in both categories. Please check the rules
for more information.
- You may submit only six applications at a time for all
categories. If you have already sent in six applications in any of the
categories on this network, you may not apply again until they are either
approved or rejected. If you already have six fanlistings on upcoming, there
is no point in applying because you cannot be approved for anything further.
- Please make sure your information is complete as possible: include full names of series, characters, etc. Given names should be in the original Japanese order (in most cases, surname first.) Note: Using nicknames or abbreviations may cause your application to take longer to be processed. Do not do this.
- Apply for Fanstuff relationships like so: Series Subcategory: SurnameA NameA & SurnameB NameB (e.g; Ranma ˝ Fanart: Saotome Ranma & Tendou Akane)
- Doujinshi and Fanfiction Rules: Applications for Anime & Manga series, characters, relationships and individual works (doujinshi books and fanfiction stories only), are accepted. DO NOT apply for non-anime & manga subjects. For example, Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings Doujinshi belongs in the regular TFL Fan Works Category.
- All applications for fanlistings in the Doujinshi and Fanfiction subcategories must include a genre. You may choose one from the following:
- All: Covers all individual genres aspects below.
- Gen: Everything non-romantic (ie: friendship, family).
- Het: Fan work (doujinshi, fanfiction) focused on heterosexual relationships, including those of an adult nature.
- Yaoi: Fan work (doujinshi, fanfiction) focused on homosexual relationships between men, including those of an adult nature.
- Yuri: Fan work (doujinshi, fanfiction) focused on homosexual relationships between women, including those of an adult nature.
- All: Covers all individual genres aspects below.
- Gen: Non-romantic focused relationships (ie: friendship, family).
- Romance: Fan works focused on a romantic relationship between two characters, not including works of an explicit nature.
- Adult: Fan works focused on a relationship of a graphic nature and including explicit content.
Same applies to "FL Subject Relationship” listings.
- Example #1: Gensomaden Saiyuki Fanfiction (All) is approved. –Gen, Het, Yaoi and Yuri- genres will no longer be applicable.
- Example #2: Gensomaden Saiyuki Fanfiction (Gen) is approved. –Het, Yaoi and Yuri- genres are still applicable but -All- is no longer open for application.
Fanlistings listed in this section may include subjects of an adult nature and are not limited to general fanworks. Due to the varying ages of the fanlisting community, we strongly encourage owners to place a warning on their sites if they decide to display explicit content.
Doujinshika & Circles Rules: If the doujinshika or circle you are applying for is also a professional manga artist (ie Koge Donbo or CLAMP), please check the Mangaka & Directors subcategory of Anime & Manga to make sure the subject is not already taken. If it is available, please apply in both categories.
- Example #1: Chobits Doujiinshi: Chii & Motosuwa Hideki (All) is approved. –Gen, Romance and Adult- genres will no longer be applicable.
- Example #2: Chobits Doujiinshi: Chii & Motosuwa (Romance) is approved. –Gen and Adult- genres are still applicable but -All- is no longer open for application.
Fanart Rules: Applications for anime & manga series, characters and relationships are accepted.
- Substantial part of an artist's or circle’s work must be anime & manga related to be included in this category. If it is not, please apply in the appropriate Fan Works Category at TFL. When applying, you must supply information on the circle or in order to show that the topic is valid.
- Applications for general/broad doujinshika subjects will not be accepted. For example, "Escaflowne Doujinshika" this includes characters, relationships, etc, as well as series. This is too broad, overlaps and is too similar to general doujinshi fanlistings. (A Trigun Doujinshi Fanlisting would be too similar to a Trigun Doujinshika Fanlisting if they were to coexist.)
Fanart: Artists, Fanfiction Authors and Music Video Creators Rules: Substantial part of an artist's work must be anime & manga related to be included in this category. If it is not, please apply in the appropriate Fan Works Category at TFL.
- Default genre is All for each listing in this subcategory.
- Individual works are not accepted.
Please indicate which subcategory (Doujinshi, Doujinshi-ka & Circles, Fanfiction, etc.) your topic belongs to in the respective field.
If you're unsure about whether a topic is approvable or if you simply have a question, you are welcome to submit a contact form.
- When applying, you must supply the url to a website featuring work by the fan creator (fanfiction, fanart, music videos) you are applying for in order to show that the topic is valid.
- If the subject is applicable to more than one of those subcategories you are still required to submit individual forms whereas fitting.